Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Road Trip

Yesterday was a big day for Justin and Mommy. We had our first road trip to visit with Nicole Strong and two of her three kids (the oldest is in kindergarten now, so she was otherwise engaged). Anyway, they live in Thousand Oaks, CA, which is 70mi away according to google maps and an eternity away for a first time mom who has never driven more than seven miles alone with a baby in the car. YIKES!!! We tried to leave by 10am and made it out the door only 15mins. late thanks to help from Collin. As soon as we pulled out of the driveway, guess who started to fuss? Yup, you guessed it, the Little Monkey. Then I promptly began to panic and wonder if I should pull over, is he hungry, does he need his diaper changed, should I just turn around and call it a day? Well, I just kept driving in hopes that his crying wouldn't turn in to screaming and I was lucky. He slept most of the way there with occasional squirming and grunting which made me tense every time. The drive home was exactly the same but with more anxiety on my part since I didn't want to get stuck in afternoon traffic in the middle of LA.

In the middle of these two tremendous trips was a really nice visit with a friend I almost never get to see anymore. We started in ultrasound school and shared a lot of firsts. Nicole had a baby, I got married, we graduated and both got jobs...lots of big events. :) Now, years later, she has three kids and I have one, and we both still love doing ultrasound.

I forgot to pull out the camera while we were there, but here are some other recent pics.


One morning we went out for coffee. Justin was wondering "What's on my head"?



My friend Kelly



The Moby Wrap



Early morning with Mommy. It looks like it too!!!



A Beaver fan! GO OSU!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. We loved meeting Justin and finally getting to visit with you! I am so glad he was so good for you, you are such a brave mommy!

    ReplyDelete