Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Way Overdue!

This post is so far overdue, it is crazy. I thought I would be able to keep this up once a week or so, but that is a total joke. Time management is apparently not my strongest skill :(

Justin is growing and changing by the minute. He got his second ear infection about a month after the first one and it hung on for a while. Finally, after two rounds of antibiotics, it cleared up...I'm pretty sure he is on the verge of getting another one though. Too bad for my little baby.

The best news of all is that Justin got his first tooth on Father's Day followed by the next one two weeks later. Now he has the bottom two and likes to use them to bite our fingers when we get them anywhere near his mouth. I am really surprised that he hasn't broken our skin yet, but I'm sure that day is coming. Maybe with the next two teeth.

He is also on the verge of walking. Justin will walk when we hold his hands and on Sunday he started to stand without holding on. He is definitely testing the waters to see how long he can go and how far he can reach. I feel like the first steps are just around the corner. No more baby, he is becoming a toddler.

Along with becoming a toddler comes the temper tantrums, curiosity of his surroundings and learning to say "uh oh" when he drops/throws food from his highchair. This has been a hard transition for me because I wasn't expecting it to come so soon. Now that I am starting to realize he is just growing up, I am learning to manage him differently (or shall I say, respond to the screaming and body launching in a new manner).

Here is the best part, all the pics...


Justin's first bite of watermelon

Our first day at the beach as a family




Yummy sand!



First spaghetti



Justin loves to help with the dishes


Silly pics with Mommy

Here is a good pic of Justin's eyes...greenish hazel like Collin

Two bottom teeth


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh he is a doll! Growing up so fast! How is your new job?

    ReplyDelete