Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Colds=Yuck!!!!

Well, my friends, it has happened to us...Justin's first cold. Who knew I could feel so yucky because of my own cold and then feel even worse because my precious, untainted little boy has now been infected with his first cold. Runny noses, coughs and sad little tears are filling our home right now and I just hate it!! Pour Justin looks at me in a way that makes my heart break every time he coughs. I wish I could wave my magic wand and make it all disappear.
The first night of his cold he was up every hour crying and wanting to be held. It felt like the first night we brought him home all over again. Last night was better with the crib mattress tilted up so he wouldn't be flat on his back, the humidifier running and Daddy sleeping on the floor of his room (just to be sure there was someone there if he had a coughing attack). Let's hope tonight will be one step better again.
Now I am sitting here with all of my mommy guilt wishing I had washed my hands more, used more hand sanitizer and kept him home where he is safe. Then I realize that no matter what I could have or should have done differently, this day was going to come. The best I can do is just hold him and love him while trying to make him as comfortable as possible.

1 comment:

  1. he is sooooooooooo cute!!! i want to see him so bad.
    i am sorry that he got sick :( i know u said he is better and lets hope this is the last time getting sick...
    well hun good luck and need anything please let me know
    love mel

    ReplyDelete