Saturday, November 21, 2009

Minnestoa Here We Come!

Last week Collin, Justin and I had the opportunity to go to Minnesota for a visit with all of my side of the family and make some needed introductions. Preparations started about a week prior to our trip with lists of things not to forget and lots of laundry. I started the packing around the same time too.
The morning of our trip we had to get out of the house around 5:30am, so I put Justin to bed in his outfit for the next day so he wouldn't need to be jostled around too much. I had all the bags ready to go so we could toss our toiletries in hit the road to our long term parking at LAX (about an hour away).

My biggest concern was that Justin would wake up on the ride to the long term parking place and want to eat. Luckily, he waited until we arrived, but he was hungry. So, I grabbed the baby and Collin grabbed our things and we hopped on the shuttle to the airport. Justin, being hungry as he was, could not wait to eat. So there I sat on the shuttle with a bunch of strangers watching as I struggled to stay covered and nurse my wiggly little boy. Then Collin turned to me and asked, "Did you grab my coat from the car?" and I responded, "No, did you grab my coat?". Just remember that it gets below freezing at night in Minnesota right now, so that was not good. When our flight landed in Minneapolis (after our layover in Seattle) we went straight to the Minnesota store in the airport and bought a sweater for me. Even after my week of packing in advance I somehow managed to forget to pack a sweater.

We really only had that one snafu on the whole trip. Although, Justin had the uncanny ability to fill his pants just as the fasten seat belts sign would go on and the poor people sitting with us were stuck for 20-30 minutes smelling his perfume. Good thing he's cute!


Waiting at the airport between flights

Baby slings are life savers on a trip




Pics with Great Grammy Rose






Four generations

Great Uncle Tom
Great Uncle Bill and Cousin Gina

Minnesota outer wear (California babies are foreign to this) More of the Hoffman Clan

(Great Aunt Jane, Uncle Tom, Uncle Dave and Aunt Laura)


Great Aunt Jane


Collin & Great Uncle Rick
Great Aunt Debbie






Great Grandpa


Great Uncle Rick holding his first baby!!!! Lucky Justin!

No comments:

Post a Comment