Thursday, November 5, 2009

Already November

I can't believe that we've already slipped into November and I haven't finished posting about October! The time is zooming by and before I know it I will be back at work which is very conflicting for me. I love my job and the people I see everyday but, I also can't imagine leaving my little boy for eight plus hours a day. I know it will be okay and that it's just another "first" we have to experience.

Papa Gary and Judy drove down from Portland, OR to meet Justin two weekends ago and we had a wonderful time. They cooked for us and Judy taught me a recipe for a tomato sauce that was soooo yummy! We also found a great new place to go for breakfast on a golf course. It's up in the hills and makes you feel like your out of the city for a little while. They stopped by the morning they were leaving and I was planning to get a picture with Papa Gary since I had forgotten to do it earlier. However, my memory is not improving quite yet.:) We did get a great pic with Judy...



Gary and Judy even did a little babysitting for us so we could go to a Halloween party. I almost cancelled so I could just stay home because I was really nervous to leave, but I found the strength and it was nice to get out. Of course, I found another woman at the party who has a 16 month old daughter so we talked about our kids the whole night. It was what I needed to do so I wouldn't start obsessing about the baby and wondering if he was okay. By the way, he slept the entire time we were gone. Thanks to loving and trustworthy family members, Collin and I had our first night out since we have become parents.

Here are pics from the party. I was a ladybug, and Collin was the Professor from Gilligan's Island. The group pic is of him with the ladies from one of the offices he calls on.








Last weekend was not only Halloween but a visit from Grandpa Gus and Nana Nancy. They came in from Minnesota for the weekend to meet Justin and see where we live. We drove down to Newport Beach, watched a lot of football, went to our new breakfast spot and celebrated Halloween. It was fun and exhausting for Monkey. He took some really long naps on Monday. :)


Grandpa Gus & Nana Nancy Handed out candy so we could take Justin out to Trick-or-Treat



Our Friends stopped by for candy


Heidi, Audrey( she is four days older than Justin) & Justin


It wasn't all fun


No, I'm not pregnant, that's just my ladybug costume


The little pumpkin


No comments:

Post a Comment