Friday, November 20, 2009

Three Months...

Three months ago I had no idea how my life would change. I no longer worry about my makeup, whether or not I have shaved my legs (although Collin would debate that I may have never cared about that one), getting a pedicure every couple of weeks or which accessories I will wear. In a sense I don't exist anymore...at least not right now. Now my worries are all about a little boy named Justin Ray Rueppell, who is all consuming and the purest joy I've ever known in my life. Today is his three month birthday!
I can never quite catch a smile. He's too quick!



Justin is changing at the speed of light these days. He is discovering his voice, hands and abdominal muscles. He is pretty much cooing whenever he is awake now. He loves to talk back and forth with us as we mimic his noises and faces. His faces are really cute since he has a little dimple on his right cheek and when he is really excited he scrunches up his nose and his eyes turn into little slits. He also has started to flex his body forward like he's curling in to a ball. He almost grabbed his toes a couple of times. I guess it's no wonder he needs 3 or 4 naps a day with all of that learning happening in his tiny little body.

Not only is it hard to catch a smile, but he's constantly moving and I have a hard time getting a clear pic without the flash anymore :)




My life with Collin feels so much more complete now that we have our own little boy to love together. As we fumble through parenting and the challenges it presents us as a couple, we are growing to love each other in a whole new way. It's an intense journey that I couldn't understand until "it" happened to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment