Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 21, Three Weeks Old

Today marks Justin's third week of life and we couldn't be more proud. There have been a few things that have changed since the last post, so lets see if I can remember them.

1. Last week at his two week appointment Justin was up to 7lbs 10oz which was pretty amazing since only four days earlier he weighed in at 7lbs 2oz. I was a little nervous that he wouldn't make weight for Dr. Khanna, but he packed on the ounces with ease. He's finally starting to fill out all of that loose skin and his cheeks are growing plumper.

2. Justin had is first shot at the doctor's office. I cried more than he did which everyone else thought was really funny. I just felt the hormones rushing through me once again. :) When it was time to take the little bandage off I thought it would be a good idea to do it while he was nursing so that he would be comforted if it hurt. Once again, I cried more than he did when I saw the little red circle of irritated skin.

3. We gave our little monkey his first bath that he enjoyed. All the other ones have included screaming and shivering. He just looked around and let his Grandma T and me pour warm water all over him. Maybe we finally got the water temperature right. HA HA!!

Those are the key things I can remember for now. Each day is passing so quickly now and I'm so engrossed with his needs that I don't even know what day it is most of the time. I'm lucky to shower and get dressed by 11am. I hear that changes after a while and I hope it's true. Justin would probably appreciate a clean smelling mom a little earlier in the day. It's all worth every moment.

My Boys



Better than milk



1 comment:

  1. I love it! He looks so much older, it is crazy how fast they grow! I love that last outfit. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete