Tuesday, September 29, 2009

5 Weeks Old

Justin has hit the 5 week mark and I can hardly believe we've made it this far. I was talking with a friend last night about the first days of having a baby and how much anxiety there was. Wondering if he's eating enough, cold or hot, does he have gas, why is he crying, will I ever sleep again? It's nice to feel like things are calming down and we are getting to know each other better every day.

We had a big week here. Collin had to go out of town for the night and Justin and I were on our own...ALL NIGHT! I was scared out of my mind and did a lot of crying/worrying, but with many phone calls and visits with friends, I found the courage and made it through. So did Justin. :)

Little Monkey also had his first bottle of breast milk last week and has had two more since. I was really difficult for me to watch him sucking on a bottle for the first time, but Collin and Justin got to do some bonding which was great to see. He took to it like he didn't even know the difference between bottle and breast. I understand that it's a good thing so he will be able to eat even when I'm not here, however it pulled at my heart. I guess it's a first time mommy thing.

The simultaneously loved and hated bottle


It also appears that Justin has started to discover his hands this week. When I put him on the playmat he starts reaching (or at least I think he's reaching) for the toys dangling above him. I even found him staring at his hand the other day. It's really cute!


Who's the Boss? Isn't that Mommy & Daddy's bed?!




There's my thumb


 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment